Homeschooling provides a higher level of educational mastery. It can give opportunity for excellence.
I've been preparing for years to homeschool, really. I knew that I was going to homeschool my child(ren) back in 1987. Yes, 1987--TWENTY-ONE years ago! I was even more determined after I spent five years teaching 7th-12th grades in a private school. That school was great, don't get me wrong. Even my own experience with elementary school was a blast. But, I'm looking for excellence. Excellence is easy to attain when you are customizing someone's education and all your concentration is on increasing their strengths and challenging their weaknesses.
Think about it: Aren't there holes in your education? If you missed school for a few days because of sickness, you may have tried to get the homework and keep up, but something was missed. Some level of understanding was not achieved because you were just plain not there to hear the instruction. What about when you were there in the class and you thought you understood something? The next year (or later years) you found out that some foundational element wasn't laid properly. No one noticed that you didn't master something and didn't address it with you since there were 34 (or more) other students that were also needing attention.
If a student is homeschooled, there is NO missed schooling! No sick days keep education from happening. If you don't "get" something, the teacher works with you, trying different methods until you do get it. Until something is mastered appropriately.
Homeschooling offers the BEST education. It offers a level of excellence simply because all the concentration is on ONE student. It's just plain logical!
No comments:
Post a Comment