If you remember my Curriculum Outline, I said that we were going to work through certain children's literature titles at the rate of one a month. We're using them as the bedtime stories. We've already completed Peter Pan, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and
Five Little Peppers and How They Grew. I kind of sped through this book as there was quite a bit of lamenting and gnashing of teeth. I hit the highlights of the plot and got it over with. I read it as a child and now I recall that I sort of went through it quickly then, too. I don't recommend it.
J, always inspired in the early morning hours, gave his one and only interpretation of the story:

I have to say the picture was more interesting than the actual book. So, my advice is to look at the picture--and skip the book.
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, however, was MUCH more interesting. I'll post about that next.
No comments:
Post a Comment