October 21, 2009

Fear of Cats, Part 2

We've completed Day 6 of cat-sitting. (If you missed the exciting Part 1, click HERE.) J is beginning to come to terms with the presence of the cat. He continues to "broom" her and has even attempted to play "string" with her. She makes a small effort to play, but at 19 she's more interested in sleeping. Oh, and the brooming. That activity has been given the green light.

J likes to know where she is at all times, which is a little distracting (cat-stracting?) during homeschooling time.

The cat uses her claws to help herself onto the couch, the bed, and the chairs. J is concerned when he sees those claws. He vacates the room. Fast. Today she wanted to share his dining chair with him. We were right in the middle of math. Next thing I knew, a cat was sitting there ready to answer the math problem. She didn't get the answer right.

Later on I was presented with yet another list. (I don't know WHERE this boy gets his list-making tendencies...) This list gave insight into the needs of felines.

Stuff Cats Need to Survive:
  • Food
  • Litter Box
  • Water
  • String
  • Sleep
  • A Good Brooming
  • Sleeping Places
  • Plenty of Humans!!!!!
I'm going to count this as science, you know. Observation of living creature.

Soon he might even stay in the room if she shows a little claw. I wonder what list will result from that experience?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails