December 7, 2010

Swimming like a (beginner) fish

On our trip to Plymouth, we made it a point to stay at a hotel that had a pool. J has felt timid in the past about anything to do with swimming. Sure, it's fun to be in the water, but inserting the ENTIRE body under the water has eluded him. We hoped that he would find a new level of confidence on this trip.

First off, the gear. It's important to be properly suited up for this endeavor. Equipment check: A way to keep water out of the eyes? Affirmative. A way to continue to breathe as God intended humans to do? Affirmative.



Let's test this mask out and see if the water stays where it's supposed to:


Amazing! I'm under the water and I can breathe! What will they think of next?


Let us pause for a joyful thrashing about in the water in honor of these revelations.


Testing out the fancy footwork. Yes, all seems to be in order.


With all this proof that I won't drown, I wonder if I can put my head under that water and survive? I'll hang on to the edge of the pool just in case we have a malfunction.



I did it! No drowning occurred! Perhaps this pool stuff CAN be fun!


This verifies what my parents have been telling me. (For years). I suppose I should have believed them. (Yes.) They've proven trustworthy in the past. (Ya think?) I think I will receive their words as completely true in the future! (Finally.)

Except when they tell me that broccoli tastes good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails