We went to the dental school for my cleaning and they agreed to look at his mouth, too. Much to my surprise, he cooperated--for an ENTIRE cleaning! He opened up, protested just a little here and there, but pretty much submitted to a full cleaning and checkup. I couldn't believe it!
Personally, I think the pink star glasses set the mood for him. We talked about how easy it would be and how it wouldn't hurt. I don't know what clicked for him, but it turned into a great experience. Because he did so well, he got an ice cream cone (and yes, I appreciate the irony of giving ice cream after a dental visit), AND he got to buy a book he has wanted for over a year called Open Wide which is about...teeth!
Here's my boy makin' his mama proud!
The pink stars might distract...
Let's begin. Open wide!
The pink stars aren't working...

That wasn't bad at all!
No comments:
Post a Comment