We're actually getting beautiful weather right now. We had a "heat wave" a couple of days ago that had us in the 90s. I have to admit that it was hot--especially since we didn't have central air.
I'm trying to concentrate on getting things ready for homeschooling in the fall. I want the house as streamlined as possible. I want to be able to do the basic chores and have the house be in order so that I can spend my time teaching and enjoying J. That's my goal, so I'm not going to start looking into anything in the homeschooling prep until July at the earliest. It's certainly hard to restrain myself, though!
We ARE doing a unit study on Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder because my sister and I are taking the kids to see Almanzo Wilder's childhood home on June 21st. They're having a celebration and Dean Butler (the actor who played Almanzo on the television series) is supposed to be there. (SWOON) Just kidding! When I watched the series, I was between 7 and 9 years old! I just wanted to have a bonnet like Laura's. I'll write about how I made my "dream" come true (about the bonnet, not Dean Butler) in another post... (I did finally write that post. You can see it HERE.)
I must say that Almanzo's story is really, really inspiring. He has been the topic of many conversations around here that have developed out of our everyday lives. In fact, the other day J commented that he didn't want to have to be quiet all the time, like Almanzo. He wants to talk. OK, maybe not the inspirational lesson I had hoped for!
In July (or August) as I said, I will plan my school year and will give details about those plans. Unit studies will be discussed then. Very exciting!
I'm trying to concentrate on getting things ready for homeschooling in the fall. I want the house as streamlined as possible. I want to be able to do the basic chores and have the house be in order so that I can spend my time teaching and enjoying J. That's my goal, so I'm not going to start looking into anything in the homeschooling prep until July at the earliest. It's certainly hard to restrain myself, though!
We ARE doing a unit study on Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder because my sister and I are taking the kids to see Almanzo Wilder's childhood home on June 21st. They're having a celebration and Dean Butler (the actor who played Almanzo on the television series) is supposed to be there. (SWOON) Just kidding! When I watched the series, I was between 7 and 9 years old! I just wanted to have a bonnet like Laura's. I'll write about how I made my "dream" come true (about the bonnet, not Dean Butler) in another post... (I did finally write that post. You can see it HERE.)
I must say that Almanzo's story is really, really inspiring. He has been the topic of many conversations around here that have developed out of our everyday lives. In fact, the other day J commented that he didn't want to have to be quiet all the time, like Almanzo. He wants to talk. OK, maybe not the inspirational lesson I had hoped for!
In July (or August) as I said, I will plan my school year and will give details about those plans. Unit studies will be discussed then. Very exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment