Since I've been under the weather this week, we've had a rather laid back time of it. Now that J is six, and tall (48"), I'm able to actually rest a little more whenever I'm sick because he can get things for me. Like today, for example. It was: "J, could you turn the air conditioner on." "J, could you get my glasses for me." "J, could you make supper..." just kidding about that one!
We've finished up all we're going to do on Pirates. We got several books out of the library this morning just for fun reading. Two subjects I picked up for J were the Olympics (for obvious reasons) and Inventors. We'll see where these might lead.
L and I just celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary. Shocking, I know. I can't believe I'm this old and we've been married that long, either! We weren't able to do anything special on the actual day, so we're going to do a little local trip. Since L and I consider history to be another form of entertainment, we're going to go somewhere educational. Really, we LIKE to do that! Since Young'un will be with us, we'll be sure to take pictures. It will be great to have some extended family time.
Thinking about 23 years ago made me decide to scan this picture. We were all of 21 years old. The dress screams "80s!" doesn't it? SO YOUNG! <sigh> What a wonderful journey we've had together. God has been so very good to us and J is one of the wonderful promises God has blessed us with because of our joining together. OK...enough nostalgia! Enjoy the pic!

No comments:
Post a Comment