August 1, 2008

A drummer is born

Actually, J has been a drummer since before birth. I played the piano for the worship team at church and would feel J keeping time (I am NOT exaggerating!) during that last month or so.

L and I are both musicians, so we knew that J was definitely a natural. When J was about 3 years old I was in the grocery store and J was drumming on a canister of raisins while sitting in the cart. A lady came up and identified herself as a professional musician and said, "I can hear that your son has natural aptitude and just wanted to let you know."

We also discovered that J has perfect pitch. Now we're just going to train him and see what The Lord has planned about using these gifts!

SO, we have finally decided it's time for formal lessons. Wednesday night was his first with a good friend who is the drummer at church. J was very excited, he had trouble sitting still and listening to the teacher. Next time we'll get the wiggles out so he can concentrate!


Now THAT'S a drum set!

One happy beginner drummer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails