Since J was about 4 I have been introducing him to the basic Bible stories. We've done the color sheets and the crafts. He's familiar with the main stories in the Old and New Testaments. We've also lived our faith in front of him and have taken opportunities to point out when God is demonstrating Himself in our lives and in J's life.
We'll continue to do those things, but I wanted to find something that would give the truths from the Bible with life application stories that would be on J's level. Thanks to a friend's book sale (Hi, Linkmama!), I came upon a book called Big Truths for Little Kids.
This book goes through the catechism which covers who God is, who Jesus is and what He did for us, and the Ten Commandments using ongoing characters made up of a family and the children's friends. J has thoroughly enjoyed it and it has opened up some great discussions with him about spiritual things.
I looked to see if the authors had written more books. There are two entitled Discovering Jesus in Genesis and Discovering Jesus in Exodus that continue with the same characters. I ordered them and they, along with some craft activities, will be my Bible curriculum for this year.
I highly recommend these books. They're biblically solid and the characters are relatable for elementary age kids. Click on the links above if you want to see more information about the books.
No comments:
Post a Comment