September 3, 2008

Really, we're getting there...

I'll bet you're wondering when the heck we're ever going to start school. Well, it was supposed to be Monday, September 8th. But it's not going to be.

Remember our snazzy camper? We wanted to go on a longer-than-overnight camping trip and see the ocean before winter sets in. Having grown up on the Gulf Coast of Florida, I find I have withdrawal symptoms if I don't see a "real" beach at some point in a calendar year. I'm talking actual sand and salt water.

Since we decided to do a mini-vacation, we pushed the beginning of "official" school to September 15. So, yes, we're really getting there.

In anticipation of the big day, Aunt T, Miss Girl, J and I decided to have a First Day Party. We let them find their new school supplies with a scavenger hunt, we decorated a chalkboard cake (chocolate with white icing), and took their school pictures.

The scavenger hunt in action.


And in motion.


The collection of school supply loot.


Dressed up for the school picture with you-know-who.



The cousins together.


My next blog will be about our camping trip. THEN we'll begin the school year. I promise.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails