March 7, 2009

Plan for March

I've divided my monthly sheet into categories in which I fill in the specifics. In my weekly calendar I flesh out the items.

March:

  • Author of the month: Gail Gibbons
  • **C/H/S/G: Map of Town
  • Continents: Continuing state books from Which Way USA?
  • Holidays: Dr. Seuss BD, St. Patrick's Day, Robert Frost BD
  • Math: Verbal Lessons
  • Science: Lapbooks for "Snow" and "Maple Sugaring"
  • Bible: Discovering Jesus in Exodus, chapters 28-36
  • Outdoor Hour: Challenges 15 - 18 (one each week)
  • Music: Drum lessons
  • Art: Hokusai, Courbet, Morisot, and Homer from Discovering Great Artists.
  • Grammar: Cursive writing, Table of Contents, Index, Alphabetizing, Dictionary Skills, Parts of a Letter, Fairy Tales, Fables, and Nursery Rhymes
  • Character/manners: Proper Greeting, Respect, Generosity, Patience

**C/H/S/G stands for Citizenship, History, Social Studies, and Government. It's a very broad category for our state.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails