For our third trip this summer, we're doing a short jaunt to the coast of Maine. After we get back, it will be time to iron out the final details and launch....(cue drum roll)...
Second Grade!
This year I'm planning to officially start on August 19. On the day before, we, Aunt T, and Miss Girl will have our New School Year party. We're going to combine a trip to a fish hatchery with a final summery lunch from a favorite roadside eatery eaten as a picnic at a playground. Fun will be had by all.
Fish hatchery, you ask? Why, yes. My science intentions for the second part of our school year will be Oceanography. Fish--ocean--get it? I know it's a bit of a stretch as the hatchery fish will never know the call of the wild. We just won't tell them.
As soon as I have my final plans together, I will post an Overview of Second Grade. J and I are very excited. I'm in no hurry, though, to give up summer. We'll squeeze every drop out that we can!
No comments:
Post a Comment