Below is a list of the artists that we will cover. Each page in the book gives a quick synopsis of the artist's life and specific style. Then directions are given for the student to create a similar style. I can't say enough about how much I love this book and how much J has enjoyed it.
You'll notice that I've scheduled a "Gallery Showing" for June. I'm planning on displaying all of his work inspired by this book and perhaps even making it a little bit of an event. For those too far away to attend, I will be sure to report on it right here on the blog.
Second Grade List of Artists:
October: Toulouse-Lautrec, Seurat, Vuillard, Russell
November: Matisse, Munch, Kandinsky, Klee
December: Stella, Escher
January: Calder, Braque, Picasso
February: Duchamp, Chagall, Magritte, Dali
March: Rockwell, Wyeth, Lange, Bourke-White
April: Vasarily, Pollock, Christo, Paik
May: Lichtenstein, Warhol, Ringgold, Van Allsburg
June: Great Artist Cookies (this should be fun--and tasty!) to be served at the Gallery Showing.
Along with the artists, we'll also do some "grid drawing" using books like the one below (click on the picture to see other titles):
No comments:
Post a Comment