May 11, 2010

Spring Planting

Back in April when we were pretending like spring had arrived, we decided to get some seeds started. My husband is more into gardening than I am, so I asked if he would take on this task, with J as his right-hand man.

They started with good ol' dirt and planted and planted for over an hour. Husband was kind and spread newspaper on the floor. I'm not sure I would have thought of that, so I'm glad he was in charge for more reasons than one!



J carefully wrote the names on some sticks. Look at the style, the technique. Look at the eye of his frog rain boot peeking out from beneath. OK, that's a little interesting.


All seeds cozy in their individual pots. They planted 1,209 varieties of . . . Lettuce. I checked recently and ALL of the leaves look exactly alike. It's a good thing we labeled them!



Now, if it would quit snowing and having overnight lows below freezing, the lettuce might get a chance to see actual ground. When they grow to maturity, I will give a taste comparison of all 1,209 types. Or not.

4 comments:

Packrat said...

Mixed greens. Definitely. One would pay a fortune for that at the store.

Roxanne said...

Packrat--Update on the greens. We asked a neighbor to keep an eye on them while we were in GA. 1/3 of them died, but, as of this Saturday, the rest are safely in the ground.

I'm looking forward to enjoying them!

Mrs. Wayne Hunter said...

This is a great blog, Roxanne! I just linked to it from my blog, I hope you don't mind!

Sincerely,
Nikki

Roxanne said...

Nikki--Thanks! I'm honored that you linked to me.

I have *plans* to blog more consistently as I'm getting other things in my life in order...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails