May 7, 2010

Happy Belated Easter

Up North, hunting for Easter eggs outside is not for the faint of heart. Normally there is snow . . . lots of snow. The temperatures usually match the fact that there's lots of snow. The ground is no where to be seen.

But not this year!

The day before Easter the temperature was 82 degrees! Heavens to Betsy! Everyone was beyond giddy and hardly anyone stayed indoors.

Aunt T's town was having an egg hunt that was open to everyone. Miss Girl and J were milling with the crowd in anticipation of a snowsuit-free experience.


J located one egg near the river:


He helped another boy get this egg out of the tree. The bare tree. Not much of a camouflage.


The hunt isn't quite as challenging when the leaves are non-existent:



"Miss Girl! Oh, Miss Girl! Look behind you!"



On Easter proper, the families got together for some serious egg-dying. The Easter Bunny made a special visit to help out, demonstrating his technique.



Since I'm rather late in getting this posted and it's now mid-May, I must report that the "Dog Days of April" have gone. In fact, we had a little snow yesterday and the expected low tonight is in the 20s. Still, we have hope that summer will truly make its way to our area.

It has to--all the flowers have already bloomed and the grass is begging to be mowed!

4 comments:

Packrat said...

I miss having little ones around. Easter just isn't the same without them.

Warm weather where are you?

Hope your Mother's Day was lovely.

Roxanne said...

Packrat--Mother's Day WAS lovely. I hope yours was as well.

We got up to 62 today. Heat wave!

Unknown said...

Happy belated Easter to you too...and happy early 4th of July!

Roxanne said...

Lexi--At the rate I'm (not) posting, it may BE the 4th of July before I get back on track LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails