August 13, 2010

3rd Grade: Overview

The following is an overview of my plans for third grade. After this post, I will break it into sections linking to the books I will be using.

For some this is just letting you know what your grandchild/nephew/friend is up to this year. For others who are homeschooling, perhaps you'll find something useful in what I've listed!

Language:
  • Spelling
  • Vocabulary
  • Grammar
Writing:
  • Punctuation Puzzles
  • 5 Minute Story Inspiration
  • "Publishing" written work
  • Poetry Appreciation

Math:

  • Multiplication
  • Division
  • Fractions
  • Factoring
  • Prime Numbers

History:

  • Early Modern Times (from Elizabeth I to the "Forty-Niners")

Science:

  • Chemistry experiments
  • Periodic Table

Bible:

  • Read through one gospel (Mark) and the remainder of the NT
  • Stick figure timeline of the events in the NT

Art:

  • Study of individual artists' lives
  • Weekly crafts (just for fun)

Latin:

  • Lively Latin (which is just TOO awesome!)

Music:

  • Piano lessons
  • Drum lessons (I promise I'll get to a post about his new drum set.)

Cooking:

  • Learn to plan a menu, make a grocery list, shop for and prep food
  • Cook 10 breakfasts, 10 suppers, and 10 desserts throughout the school year

Health:

  • Simple first aid (required by the state)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails