August 23, 2008

Our New "Addition"

Yes, we have a bouncing baby camper!

It's a tiny trailer that has pop-out beds. It's called a "hybrid" camper.

Here it is with the beds tucked in:



Here it is with the beds opened out.



My family did a LOT of RV camping when I was growing up. We started with a small van camper and ended up with a very nice sized (24 foot?) RV. My sister and I banged our heads on the ceiling (sleeping over the cab), I fell out of the bed once onto the kitchen sink, and we received lots of insect bites from a nice variety of insects. We also became connoisseurs of playgrounds.

AND we traveled all over the US and did day trips into Canada and Mexico. Those are wonderful memories and I'm glad I had the chance to thank my dad before he died for choosing to trek all across the country with three women. Of course, the reason we had a motorhome instead of a camper was that nice, convenient bathroom. No pesky rest stops for us, nosiree bob! 500 miles a day was our goal.

Because of those great childhood memories, I've convinced L that a camper is what we need. I was willing to go tent camping (and I HAVE slept in a tent many times), but I knew from experience that a camper would enable us to go places in a convenient, relatively inexpensive way with a higher level of comfort. This baby has heat and AC as well as an itty bitty bathroom and a miniscule kitchen!

My next post will be about our first outing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails