January 2, 2009

Resolutions

I love the feeling of a "clean slate." That's how Mondays feel, that's how the start of a new school year or a new job feels. That's how a new year feels.

I've been thinking about what I want to accomplish this year and have been roughing out a plan to make those things come to pass. I wondered what a six-year-old would consider important enough to change or plan to do. I put J to the task. I gave him two lists. One was "Things to Change About Myself" and the other was "Things to Do." Not surprisingly, he chose to fill in the "Things to Do" part first.


Things to Change About Myself:

  1. Say, "Yes, ma'am"
  2. Say, "Yes, sir"

  3. Stop being silly.

  4. Stop being rude

  5. Obey the first time, right away, every time, with a good attitude.

(Mama says, "Those look like good resolutions to me.")


Things to Do:

  1. Go to "W" and "R's" house every Monday.
  2. Go to Miss Girl's house every Tuesday.
  3. Go to McDonald's Play Place every Friday.
  4. Go to drum lesson every Wednesday.
  5. Play hide-and-seek with Daddy on Saturdays.

Church is on Sunday, but apparently Thursdays are unscheduled. I'll give a heads up to the two mamas whose doors we are evidently going to darken on a weekly basis.

It's good to have a plan.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails