Since I do not use a boxed curriculum, I decided to post the outline I developed for each month. I'm starting with the current month, but I will post each previous month separately so that I can categorize them into one place for reference. If you're interested in what we've already completed, read through those as well. If not, hit delete!
I've divided my monthly sheet into categories in which I fill in the specifics. In my weekly calendar I flesh out the items.
February:
- Author of the month: Tracey Campbell Pearson
- **C/H/S/G: Map of neighborhood
- Continents: Central America
- Holidays: Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day, President's Day
- Math: Verbal Lessons
- Science: Body/health Lapbook, Connect the Thoughts Scientific Method and experiments
- Bible: Discovering Jesus in Exodus, chapters 17-32
- Outdoor Hour: Challenges 11 - 14 (one each week)
- Music: drum lessons
- Art: Linnaeus, Gainsborough, Blake, and Constable from Discovering Great Artists.
- Grammar: Zipped through what I had planned in half the time. I will update this note when I've settled on the next thing.
- Greek: One week of extra worksheets. We finished the Cracking the Code earlier than I expected. I will start something new in March.
- Character/manners: Humility, Obedience, Compassion
**C/H/S/G stands for Citizenship, History, Social Studies, and Government. It's a very broad category for our state. This month's is minimal, but other months have been extensive.
No comments:
Post a Comment