If you've read much of this blog, you know that J is a fan of Superman. (Click HERE and HERE to see previous posts.)
Daddy and J have a game they play together some mornings. This is usually about 6am and occurs while I'm getting ready for the day. I hear it from the other room and it goes like this:
J dresses in his Superman costume. Daddy is assigned the part of "Lois." "Lois" is talking to "Clark" (A note: J actually does not possess the powers of Superman. Given that, he doesn't attempt to do the quick change in the phone booth. He just pretends he's not actually wearing the costume. I thought you needed this clarification in case you were confused about J's super powers.)
So, "Lois" is talking to "Clark." "Lois" gives the alarm that there is evil about. "Clark" tells "Lois" that he will "be right back." "Lois" exclaims, "Clark, where are you going?"
Then, all of a sudden Superman appears out of no where. "Lois" is amazed and comments accordingly. (Daddy gives an excellent performance.) Superman battles the evil guy (usually "Bizarro") and there is much flying, fighting, and "ow-ing" as you might guess.
Superman wins (of course) and "Lois" gives the proper platitudes of gratitude (move over, Dr. Seuss).
But wait. Superman makes a speedy exit and "Clark" returns. "Lois" tells "Clark" (in a disappointed voice) that he just missed the best fight ever.
This scenario is usually repeated at least once.
The other morning I told J that, since Clark is a newspaper reporter, he should write up the story of the morning's battle. I especially like the forehead curl.
Again, your world is safe thanks to Superman. You may now carry on with your day in confidence.

No comments:
Post a Comment