February 24, 2010

Gymnastics!

When J was three, I tried to take him to a little gymnastics class that was offered by our rec center. He seemed interested. The very first move was a somersault. J lined up with the other kids and one by one the teacher helped them roll frontwards. When it was J's turn, he put his head down and started to roll. The teacher flipped him over and got ready to help the next child.

Well, J was shocked. He was speechless (which hasn't happened often). He gave her a majorly dirty look and ran over to me. He would not go back over there. End of gymnastics class.

Recently a gym in a nearby town decided to fill in some downtime by offering a class for 11 weeks to homeschoolers. Normally the classes are after school hours, so it was nice to have something in the morning. J said he was VERY interested in giving this a try. I was nervous, but we went for it.

He loves it, of course!

Here he is with his friend Owen. Owen is 7, too. They were chatting a bit here.



J and Owen wait for their turn to try a handstand. I missed J doing the handstand. I was all ready and waiting and the teacher moved them to the next activity. Drat! Since they were chatting, all was not lost.


In fact, I noticed there was quite a bit of chatting going on. Hmmm. Better deal with that one.

FINALLY, I got a pic of J doing something BESIDES flapping his gums. They get plenty of exercise at home--believe me. I have to put him on silence sometimes just so my ears can have a rest. But, I digress. This is the "wall walk."



Such a difference from three to seven!

2 comments:

Packrat said...

Oh my, J doesn't look like a baby any more. So glad J likes gymnastics and that there is a friend to go with him. It is really nice that the children are all home schooled. They all have something in common just like "regular" school kids.

Roxanne said...

Oh! Don't say that! I can't believe my baby isn't a baby anymore.

We're just beginning to get involved with other homeschoolers at events like this. Circumstances have prevented it before.

He's definitely having a blast.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails