At church one day, I was talking to a teenager and mentioned J's love of the books. She told me they had videos! I checked the library and, sure enough, there were a LOT of videos!
Different characters have been J's favorites over the years. Miss Girl (J's cousin), actually had one of the characters move into their home for a while. He was always invisible. Stories flew between the two cousins as they enjoyed the eight kids from the series.
The other day, MSB made a comeback. I'm not quite sure how the plot unfolded, but I'll do my best to at least identify the characters and (maybe) what the heck they're doing. This would be the trailer to the movie, coming to a theater near you.
First, we have the central character:

J donned a cap, backwards of course. Any guesses on who he's portraying? (Answers below pics.) This character seems to be fending off attacking robots with a sword.
I'm not sure that I can really explain this pic. The character on the right (no hat, proper clothing colors) is dropping a sword onto another character. Yes, that's a character. The yellow hair with two ponytails, the purple shirt, and the green skirt. She's the one who always refers to her resource books.
(Left: Dorothy Ann and Right: Carlos)There was one more character that made an appearance during this movie trailer. He appeared to be running from something. A robot that didn't appreciate being whacked with a sword, maybe. He was caught on a surveillance tape. Can you guess his name?
If you guessed Arnold, you would be correct!
Don't forget, now:
MSB, The Movie will be coming to your town soon. Get those tickets ahead of time. It's sure to be a sellout.
(If you can't see the surveillance pics, click HERE.)



4 comments:
J is too funny!!!! I have heard about the books but for some reason have never really looked at them. We have seen a couple of the TV episodes thought! I will HAVE to go to the library!!!
I loved, loved, loved the books. J still quotes facts and information that he read from those books.
I apologize ahead of time for contributing to Quint's next obsession. . .(HA!)
The movie won't load - bummer. I don't remember which of the children watched Magic School Bus on TV - must have been my granddaughter.
Packrat--Click on the link above where the video is supposed to be. It should take you to the Photobucket original. It's very important that you take your time to do this, too. (Ha!)
I had never heard of MSB until a customer of my husband's gave her daughter's old books to J when he was about 4. That was just the beginning!
Post a Comment