We were able to get a room that was beachfront and several floors up. J was out on the balcony, enjoying his morning. We were listening to the radio, getting things organized so we could go to breakfast. This view was peaceful and relaxing. It gave no indication of the terror that was about to be unleashed.

J was feeling a little "artsy" and produced this "Study of Chair through Circle." (The song on the radio was Margaritaville.)

"Look. There's a foot. I'll take a picture of it."

"If I take a picture of TWO feet with the ocean in the background, it will really give the feel of a day at the beach."

"You know, if I take a picture of my feet like this, it looks like they're far away. Cool."

"We ARE at the ocean. I should take a picture of sharks." (Next song on the radio was Theme from Jaws.)

"Wait, I heard something outside. It sounded like it came from the pool area."

"WAIT! What's happening?? The pool is twisting around!"



3 comments:
hehehe...I think I like the giant finger picture the best!
We have tons of pictures of our dog and cats like that from Quint. Unfortunately he isn't a good "focuser."
J is so spoiled with the digital. When *I* was little, we had only a certain number of pics per roll of film and had to WAIT until they were developed to see them. Hmph. (And, I had to walk uphill in the snow both ways to school--in Florida.)
Digital is, like, perfect for a kid. You can toss out the blurred photos (and the incessant photos of the same silly faces, over and over...), and occasionally find a keeper!
This is J speaking:
I forgot...there was a person down there on the "Earth Twisting" photo. It gave away the secret that there wasn't really an earthquake.
Post a Comment