March 8, 2010

Hands On Science

One of the awesome things about homeschooling is that BOTH parents can be involved. Science experiments are not my forte. Many times they're messy and I'm not always up for making messes since I have to do so much cleaning up! I didn't want J to have to miss out in this area due to my lack of enthusiasm, so L stepped in to provide for this area of his education.

Aunt E gave J a circuit kit for his birthday last year. We've been hanging on to it waiting for the right time. Finally, we got it out about a month ago and J and L have worked on the experiments (there are 100) together. They're enjoying themselves and I get to do something else!

First, you set up the board for the latest experiment.


THEN you read the directions.

Men.

(Not really. I had control of the post creation so I get to decide the order of the pics. Ha!)

It's all in place. What will happen? OK, J, YOU flip the switch.


It worked! It worked!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA...build THEN read the instructions!

Roxanne said...

I couldn't resist. That's not what really happened, but it was just too much to pass up when I saw how the pics came out!

Packrat said...

Reading the instructions after is too real! So glad L can do this with J. Not only is J learning, he is gaining some wonderful memories.

Roxanne said...

Packrat--I agree. I'm so glad that my husband wants to do this. He loves to teach and who better than his own son!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails