What can I say? I like a challenge.
I have never really decorated J's room much before. I was going to do up his nursery before he was born, but I didn't get to it in time. Then I sort of threw some nautical stuff around, but it wasn't really, truly decorated. Finally, I decided it was time to rectify this situation.
The theme? Wild Animals. The featured animal is the zebra as that's J's favorite.
Here's what you see when you approach the door. Zebra picture, zebra collection, Wall-E, and Teddy:
Notice "Teddy" is tucked into a place of honor. He's sitting next to the Magic School Bus books.Lots of zebras, eh? Well, to mix it up a little, I added a leopard print curtain, with zebra tiebacks. You'll notice a LOT of plastic drawer/bin thingys. I'm a big believer in separating items to make them easier to put away.
The loft bed was hauled downstairs. That puppy is heavy! It's also got a lot going in a small space. Underneath is a desk (not pictured) and a bookcase. On top is the bed. To the right are more storage drawers. Behind the drawers and bookcase are storage areas, too.
The best part, though, is the curtain. Zebra print with a leopard sleeve for the rod. When closed, it creates a curtain for a stage area!

If you look closely (perhaps you can click on the picture to enlarge), you'll see some wild animal shower curtain hooks decorating along the top. There is a second set of rod holders that lower the curtain to a puppet stage height.

J was an absolute champion about decluttering. That was the only way I was going to be able to get nearly all his toys into this room. NOT in the room are his train set, Leggos, cardboard building blocks, and box-0-music instruments. They now reside in the basement.
I want to add another wild animal print--giraffe. I thought I could do up the switch plates in that pattern, and then maybe pull it all together with something on the wall.
OK, the next picture is . . . Wait! What's this? I think I've discovered something that could be hot-off-the-presses breaking news! These are J's costumes, but I *think* I see Batman's legs hanging below. Could this be where Batman lives? IS J BATMAN???? I don't know. I think we'd better keep this information to ourselves. We don't want The Riddler to get wind of this. Promise me you'll keep it secret . . .


2 comments:
So cute! Love what you have done. I'm sure J will be happier in a smaller room, too.
He really does love his room. As we were transferring (and decluttering), he came across so many toys and books that he hadn't seen in a while.
He's making his way through them now!
Post a Comment