Jackson Pollock was known for his "paint splatter" style of painting. The video below gives a wonderful mix of actual photos of Pollock and a dramatization of when he stumbled upon the style that would make him famous. (If it doesn't show below, click HERE to watch it on YouTube directly.)
When the weather gets warmer, I am planning on putting a large piece of paper out in the yard and having L and J work together on their own Pollock-inspired masterpiece. L is an artist, so I expect this to be a fun project for them both.
I wanted to give J a chance to "do" Pollock while were reading about him and came across this link. You will love it. Once you enter the site, start creating. (Hint: Left-click to change colors.)
2 comments:
Thanks for the links.
I just spent about 20 minutes playing with the art site LOL!
RB--I hear you. That little activity is addictive!
Post a Comment